Saturday morning meant one thing for Susandoing the laundry. She hated doing the laundry. Unenthusiastically, she took the pillow cases off all the pillows. Then she removed the fitted sheet from the mattress. She took the towel off the towel bar in

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

By Bob Bowen Broadcast: August 5, 2003 This is Bill White with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. 1)Carrots are grown on farms and in small family gardens throughout the world. They are easy

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-农业与经济

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. An American carrot farmer harvests his crop earlier this year Carrots are grown on farms and in family gardens throughout the world. Carrots are easy to raise and easy to harvest. They taste good.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Before refrigerators, homes usually had ice boxes. But another way to keep food cool without the need for electricity is to use an evaporative cooler. This is easy to make and does not even use ice.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

[00:00.00] B The school nurse is telling the children about a healthy diet.Act the nurse. [00:20.38]This is Fred.He has an unhealthy diet.He eats too much meat. [00:38.06]He drinks too many soft drinks.He doesn't eat enough vegetables.Now you try. [0

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(238) / 评论(0) 分类 小学英语深圳双语版五年级

As the summer vacation comes, I decide to learn swimming, because the weather is so hot, I can make myself cool, whats more, I want to master another skill and protect myself. Many people lose their lives when they meet the accident in the water, so

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Emeril: Can you hand me that pan? Rachel: This pot? Emeril: No, that pan over there. I need to pan-fry these vegetables. Rachel: Wouldnt be healthier if we steamed the vegetables or grilled them? Emeril: Maybe, but for this meal, Im frying them in th

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Richard is a light eater. He doesnt eat much. He isnt a heavy eater. He eats a light breakfast, a light lunch, and a light dinner. Richard is not fat. He is thin. He will always be thin, because he is a light eater. He eats a bowl of cereal for break

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Mediterranean Diet 地中海饮食 What it is: A traditional Mediterranean diet, eaten by people in Greece, Italy and Spain, emphasizes seasonality. 它是什么:传统的地中海饮食是希腊、意大利和西班牙人的饮食方式,它强调季

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英语

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And Im Shirley Griffith. This week, we tell about vitamins. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Rey Salazar and his daughter, Aketzalli, 4, plant lettuce seeds at the Nutritio

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

AS IT IS 2015-10-13 Cambodians Demand More Organic Food 柬埔寨人对有机食品的需求增加 Experts are urging Cambodian farmers to diversify their crops. Most farmers in Cambodia grow rice. Many also may grow cassava and maize. But very few f

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is misplaced modifiers. Of all the writing errors you can make, misplaced modifiers are among the most likely to confuse your readers, but they're also kind of fun because misplaced modifiers can give your sentences s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

HEALTH REPORT -June 12, 2002: Lutein By Nancy Steinbach (Picture -Laretta Geren) This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Recent research has suggested that a nutrient called lutein (LOO-teen) m

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

A new study has found that they are one of the most fattening vegetables around. 一项新研究发现,土豆是常见蔬菜中最容易让人发胖的蔬菜之一。 Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health analysed the dietary informa

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

New research on vegetables and aging gives mothers another reason to say I told you so. It found that eating vegetables appears to help keep the brain young and may slow the mental decline sometimes associated with growing old. On measures of mental

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we tell about vitamins. Many jobs must be done with two people. One person takes the lead. The other helps. It is this cooperation that brings succe

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Many of us find it difficult to avoid the chocolate and crisps aisles in the supermarket, not to mention the desserts fridge. 逛超市的时候,很多人都会发现自己很难不去逛逛巧克力及膨化食品商品通道,更不用说甜品柜

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

题目: Air transport is increasingly used to export some types of fruits and vegetables to countries where those plants can not grow or are out of season. Some say it is a good thing, but others consider this use of transport cannot be justified.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

101 things I'd like to do for you 我愿意为你做的101件事 1. I would peelan apple for you every day wishing you good health. 1. 我愿意每天为你削一个苹果,希望你拥有健康的身体。 【知识点拨】 这句话中出现了pe

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Unit 9 Eat a well-balanced diet. Unit 9 饮食均衡 Remember having to memorize the four food groups when you were a kid and wondering if you were really going to need this information when you grew up? 记得你小时候要死背,而当时却怀疑

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题